Thursday, December 17, 2009

The "First" Post

These things are always awkward aren't they? I have the feeling that we (we, ha! that feels weird) all have big plans for the things that we're going to write about; Everything from the subject matter, to the way that we (there it is again) are going to address our potential audience. "Do I need to write in the form of essay (Stick to topic. Don't use I, you, or me. Watch those margins)?"..."Do I talk to people as if they were sitting right in front of me?" I think that's usually the best way to go for this sort of thing. That was actually the inspiration for this in the first place. You see, I would find myself hoplessly rambling to friends and coworkers, mostly to coworkers, on everything music related.... from what I like, to my distaste of things that everyone else likes. I would share my angst with things like the ridiculous premise for a song...Getting hugs from lightening bugs and things of the like, more on that in a later post. Do I think the people that disagree with my musical tastes are wrong? Of course not. I feel like, though, I have a pretty good grasp of "I call's 'em like I sees 'em" (insert quote reference here..some south brooklyn umpire somewhere, I dunno.) So that brings us to where we are.... Here. sipping this bourbon and Coke Zero(I got paid to plug "the Z" Sorry folks... Yay! for capitalism!).

I plan to write about the things that I like to hear and to share those things I like. I also intend to share what I don't like, which I realize is counter-productive because everytime I come up with a song or artist that I find to be a complete waste of radio airtime and internet bandwidth, It will instantly be searched and sought out. Which is fine. I'm not here to start a legion of followers that share my same ideals on what "good" music is. I'm here to write for people that are interested in what I have to say. I won't, however, let you be fooled into thinking that it's all for you. I need to get this stuff out for me too.

so,
as they say in France...
Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment